Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Proof

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! I HAVE PROOF! I CAN DO STANDING HEAD-TO-KNEE!!

Obviously, it isn't perfect. But it is a start. That is the beauty of this yoga- you can always make progress.
1. I need to get my elbows lower. more below my calf muscles.
2. I need to get my toes angled back more towards my face.
3. #2 can be accomplished along with #3. I need to kick out my heel which will also get my hips more in line.
4. As I get better, my spine will be more curved- particularly my lower spine.


Also, I thought I would post two other poses that show ALOT of my progress.

This is the "Japanese Ham Sandwich" pose. When I first started this pose, I could barely get my hands behind my calves enough to grab my heels. Now I am pretty close to locking my knees. The entire goal of this posture is to smush your body together so there is no room for light or air-- with your smiling happy face (which you cant see in this picture! but it is there- I swear!)


This last pose is the "stretching" part of "separate head to knee with stretching pose." When I started this pose, I could not even get my legs flat on the floor. after 9 months I FINALLY got my legs locked. However, it wasn't until this summer that I started making progress bending my elbows. SEE?!?!?!?!

Before I close this post, just take a minute to appreciate the cleanliness of this studio. Doesn't it look so sanitary? Heaven.

I hope everyone is making progress in whatever they are doing. Especially Sabrina.

Ultra love.

PS. I made my handsome and health conscious boyfriend run barefoot. Totally made my LIFE.

1 comment:

  1. Elise, that's amazing. Congratulations this is quite the accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete