Friday, February 19, 2010

Today I Feel

Today I feel like I have been running a marathon and am coming up on the finish line- what is supposed to be the happy ending of my difficult but oh-so-worth-it run.

Sure, around mile six, I stumbled a little. The terrain was kinda tricky, and I thought about giving up then.

Something kept me going then, and, once I hit mile 8, things started to really pick up. I felt so good about this marathon, it was wonderful to feel myself settling in. Mile 13 was the best of all. Great things happened in Mile 13.

The next 12 miles flew by without any hiccups. I needed to push myself a little harder on miles 24 and 25, but got the job done. There were things I needed to do to help myself get to that finish line.

And now its mile 26, and I feel like someone just knocked me over. Like I got punched in the gut. Like I sprained my ankle.

I’m not really sure what to do at this point. What do you do when you get a blow like this- with your metaphorical finish line virtually in sight?

Keep running anyway?

Ultra love

No comments:

Post a Comment